When do I need a permit?

Permits are required for most construction activities. All questions can be directed to the Construction Department by calling 908-753-8000, ext. 240, 241 or 242. Most tree removals also require a permit from the Zoning Department please call 908-753-8000, ext. 243 or fill out a Tree Permit Application (PDF) and drop it off at the Zoning Office.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a permit?
2. Who do I make my check out to?
3. How do I schedule an inspection through the Construction Code Office?