- Fire Prevention Bureau
- Knox Box Information
Knox Box Information
Please be advised that you are required to supply keys for your location to be placed and locked in the Fire Department Knox Box/Lock box for after hours use in the event of an emergency situation. For questions or concerns, please contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at 908-753-8000 ext. 274.
Effective January 1, 2019, Knox Box is not accepting paper order forms. All ordering must be done online or by phone at 800-552-5669.
How to Order a Knox Box Online
To order Knox Box products online, please follow these steps:
- Go to Knox Box website.
- Select 3200 Series if you have 10 or less keys and/or access cards. Select 4400 Series if you have more than 10 or more keys and/or access cards. Once you have selected your Knox Box, you then need to specify whether you need a tamper switch (this is used to activate a security system should you want to monitor the opening and closing of the Knox Box) and select recessed mounted or surface mounted.
- Click “Add to Cart” to checkout. Complete installation address information and click submit. If you are ordering more than one Knox Box, enter the quantity needed. Please make sure to “update cart” if quantity is changed. You will be taken to shopping cart & then click “Submit for eApproval.”
- If you are an existing customer, enter your login information. Otherwise complete “New Customers Only” information. Click “I agree with terms & conditions” at bottom.
- After completing above information, you will be taken to “Pre-Authorization Order Submitted.”
- Once approved you will receive an email notification (please allow 5 business days for approval). In the email, you will see “Please Click Here” and then click “Proceed with Authorized Order.” Login with your email address and password. Click “Checkout” and complete shipping info. Select shipping method and credit card information, click continue.